February 27, 2013

Chicken, Rice, & Veggie Casserole


This recipe, I think is great, but one of my brothers doesn’t like it. We used to all love this so much, then my brother started disliking cheese more than ever. I love cheese just like my other sibs. But lately we hardly put any cheese. The first time this happened I was in AWE at how much cheese there was. I wanted to cry. I am SERIOUS!!! My mom got it off the internet, and changed it. And here it is.

        Chicken, Rice, & Veggie Casserole
3 or 4 cups of cooked rice
1 or2 whole chicken, cooked and deboned
1 or 2 cups shredded cheese (I block)
3 or 4oz cream cheese (1 block or ½ container)
1 packet of cream of chicken or mushroom cooked according to pkg
2 or 3 carrots sliced and divided into fourths (bite size)
2 heads broccoli or cauliflower (or one of each) cut into bite size pieces
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt
pepper
garlic powder
milk (maybe)

·         Ahead of time, cook and debone chicken and cook rice.
·         Steam the carrots and other veggies together just til’ tender.
·         Make cream soup then add cream cheese to hot soup and whisk until melted.
·         Mix together: rice, chicken, cooked veggies, and cream soup mixture in a LARGE bowl.
·         Sprinkle mixture with salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix together again. Taste to see if you need to add more.
·         If the mixture does not look ‘wet enough’ add milk until the mixture is creamy like oatmeal.
·         Put the mixture into a greased 9x13 casserole dish and sprinkle with cheddar cheese on top.
·         Cover with foil and bake for 25 mins at 180C (350F). Uncover and bake for 5 more mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24