February 20, 2013

Carrot Muffins


Muffins aren’t my favorite, but I love carrot breads. This recipe is pretty good, not the best, but pretty good. But I burnt them so they might be better if they weren’t burnt. No, I’m SURE they would be better. I have no idea where this recipe came from. My mom came up to me and said, ‘Here’s a carrot muffin recipe, make it.’ We didn’t have any the first time (that time they weren’t burnt). But the second time our mom let us have some. Here it is.

        CARROT MUFFINS

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I put 3 or 4)
½ teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup honey
6oz plain yogurt or sour cream
½ cup oil
2 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1&½ cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup raisins


  •          Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
  •          In a separate bowl, combine egg, honey, yogurt, oil, lemon juice & vanilla.
  •          Fold in carrots and raisins. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full.

  •           Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
  •  Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24