January 15, 2013

Substitute for..... Cream of Tartar/Baking Soda


Hello! This is the very first substitute. I will post them on Tuesdays. I am always searching for a substitute for almost anything. This one is about a substitute for baking soda/cream of tartar. Since we just got back from Bandung I discovered this trying to make something (I will post itJ). I searched and searched for cream of tartar. I couldn’t find any. So I searched on the internet for some kind of substitute. This said I could just use baking powder to substitute the baking soda and the cream of tartar. Cool, right? I thought it was since we had plenty of that. I got this from http://frugalliving.about.com /Cream-Of-Tartar-Substitute.htm. Here is the substitute.

        Substitute for….. Cream of Tartar/Baking Soda

Use 1 teaspoon baking powder for every 1/3 teaspoon of baking powder and 2/3 teaspoon cream of tartar. It’s ok if you go a little over. I did this and the recipe turned out fine, but don’t add a whole teaspoon more if it was all right

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24